Friday, August 3, 2007

Grey Gardens

What a crazy pair of women the Edie Bouvier Beales were! Lance and I had partial view box seats (though the audience saw us well enough - Lance had three friends come find him!) to catch a performance just a week before the show closed. I was a little nervous about it because I got so bored during the Tonys performance that I fast forwarded through it. Turns out, the song was way better in context. Christine Ebersole was excellent.

The two acts are quite different. The first a little more musical comedy, the second just crazy. I'm so curious to see the documentary on which it's based, as these women (at least the daughter) was seriously nuts.

The music was enjoyable during the show, though none of it has stuck with me. Overall, a good show. Opens in London next season!

No comments: